Template

Friday, August 26, 2011

Beach Baby 1st Birthday Party!

 My son Jonah turned 1 year old this summer and since he loves water, I just had to throw him a beach themed birthday party. The colors were inspired by a beach ball. We had so much fun!We had a pool, sandbox with hidden treasures and a slip-n-slide, and the kids used everything. Happy Birthday Jonah!
Beach Party Centerpeice.
I bought the glass containers at Wal-Mart and filled
them with Skittles and Swedish Fish with blue
tissue paper at the bottom. I made the paper accents
with my Cricut from scrapbook paper.
Cupcake Table


Beach themed cupcakes in chocolate and
banana with cream cheese frosting.
I used my Cricut to cut out the cupcake wrappers
and make the crab and sandcastle from the
"Create a Critter" cartridge.




View of patio.
The fabric triangle banner and Happy Birthday banner
are both from Target. The tablecloth is from Wal-Mart.
The sailboat and starfish are decor I have in my kid's
bathroom that I borrowed for the beach party. The cupcake
stand is wood and from www.thecupcaketower.com.


My husband made the sandbox and filled it with sand from Home Depot.
I hid chocolate gold coins, plastic sea animals and sea shells in the sand
for the kids to find. They loved it!
(These pics are of my kids out playing before the
guests arrived.)
This is a blow up pool we got from Wal-Mart and is one that
my kids actually love and play in. It has a deeper pool
on the hippo side and then the hippo head is a slide to a
shallow pool, so fun!
We set up a slip-n-slide on a small hill in the backyard.
When the water was on it created a tunnel of spraying water,
and the kids had a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment