Template

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Baked Ziti- Kid and Adult Approved


I have made Baked Ziti for years and it was always good, but I just knew it could be better. I found/modified/created this recipe and WOW, DELICIOUS! I love it, my husband loves it, and even my picky 2 years old say "MMM, good Mommy" when she eats it. Even a one year old can gum the soft noodles and devour it, although I suggest you dress them in one of those parka type bibs :)

Baked Ziti

Ingredients:


26.5 oz can pasta sauce (I like Hunt's Traditional Pasta Sauce, the thinner type sauce works better here)
3 cups water
3 3/4 cups Ziti noodles
1/2 cup milk or cream
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (I like the real stuff, not the powder)
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

optional, but recommended: 1 cup cooked ground beef

Instructions:


Preheat oven to 475 degrees
Add sauce, Ziti, and water to a deep skillet and sprinkle with salt
Bring sauce, ziti and water to a boil and cook covered at a low but constant simmer for 18 minutes.
Stir occasionally.

Stir in milk, parmesan cheese and cooked ground beef. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over Ziti.

Transfer to casserole dish and bake for 10 minutes.
Cook your ground beef. I like the pieces to
be very small. I also like to use the fatter ground beef
because it stays soft and full of flavor.


I like to season my ground beef with onion
powder and garlic salt

Brands I use that work!

Pan with ziti, sauce and water added-
ready to cook!

Cook covered

18 minutes later...

Add the ground beef, parm cheese and milk
(if you are worried about adding milk to this,
I was too, it seemed strange, but it turns out awesome!)

Everything stirred in nicely

Transferred to casserole dish
Sprinkled with cheese
After baking for 10 minutes- beautiful! 

Finished and ready to enjoy! YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment