Template

Monday, October 8, 2012

It's Getting Spooky Around Here...


 Happy Halloween! This is one of my most favorite times of the year. I just love all things spooky, then add in carnivals and pumpkin carving and pumpkin breads and cakes...it is just too fun. In previous years, my Halloween decorations definitely didn't reflect my love of this holiday. They were cheap, mismatched, and just plain boring. This year, I found all the Halloween stuff I wanted for the house and the yard and the bill added up to around...gulp...$400! Now that is scary! So, I set out to see if I could do a lot of it on the cheap. And I think I did pretty good!


 The mantle consists of these less expensive items:
2 black vases- Ikea for $2 each
Candlesticks- Savers for $2 each
Vases, spider web, frame, black cheese cloth and rave- Dollar Tree for $1 each
Moss- WalMart for $3
Pumpkins- grocery store for less than $5
Bunting banner- Pottery Barn for $25

The only craft/DIY is the date sign. I found an outdated piece of art with an oval frame from Savers (a thrift store) and painted the whole thing with chalkboard spray paint, and then wrote the date with a chalk pen.

Here are some other fun finds around our house this Halloween:


Two adorable plates from Target for $1.79 each that I attached to the wall with Command Strips.




A ghost pillow from Target for $10 with four ghosts- one for each member of the family!

And the outside of the house is all spooked out too! Take a peek...







No comments:

Post a Comment